Pet WellBeing – Dandelion Root – Digestive & Liver Support for Dogs (2fl oz / 59ml)
Support for liver detoxification, healthy digestion, heart health and stable blood sugar. An essential formula for dogs needing more support such as:
Dogs taking medications or needing liver support
- Part of a healthy heart program
- Dogs with gas or sluggish digestion
- Maintaining normal blood sugar levels
- Add Dandelion root into your dog’s daily health regime.
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
Out of Stock
What is Dandelion Root?
Most of us are familiar with this herb as an annoying weed in the garden, but its use in recorded traditional medicine dates back to the 7th century. Both the leaf and the root are used, although their properties are quite different from each other.
The properties of Dandelion root include:
- Liver support
- Digestion (appetite, bile secretion, gas, indigestion)
- Cardiovascular support (supporting the liver is important in cases of heart disease)
- Blood sugar maintenance
- Immune support (supports normal responses to viral infections)
- Healthy liver: Supporting you dog's liver can go a long way in contributing to a long and healthy life, even if your dog is not showing signs of liver problems.
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body, yet liver disease (including cirrhosis) is one of the most common health problems in older canines. It can damage all functions of the dog’s liver, with very harmful health effects.
Even canines without liver disease may need support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications and environmental chemicals which are often damaging to the liver. Dogs tend to come into contact with more harmful chemicals and pesticide residues than humans.
Good digestion: Dandelion root has been used extensively as a cholagogue, meaning that it helps support normal bile flow during digestion. This helps the breakdown and assimilation of foods. Dandelion root supports the production of liver enzymes that metabolize toxins in the body so they can be excreted. It also supports the gut by providing a high percentage of inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic that helps maintain healthy flora, like strains of bidifobacteria, essential for good digestion and the immune system. Dandelion root is one of the world's best digestive "tonics".
Healthy heart: Some of the chemical constituents of Dandelion root help maintain normal blood pressure and good circulation. It is also high in several minerals that contribute to a good electrolyte balance. A well-functioning liver is important for dogs with heart disease.
Blood sugar: Dandelion root has also been studied for its ability to support normal, healthy insulin levels. The addition of Dandelion root to your dog's health regime is a great way to help maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Pet Wellbeing's Dandelion Root is glycerin-based and safe for dogs. Never give an alcohol-based product to your dog.
Healthy Nutrition Tip for Your Dog's Liver & Digestion
Processed foods stress your dog’s liver as it attempts to detoxify the preservatives and other additives like artificial flavors and colors. It's good to check out the quality of the meat that goes into making your dog's food. Avoid grains and focus on healthy proteins from free-range, grass-fed animals. Green foods will help detoxify your canine's liver, such as those you will find in Pet Wellbeing's SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement. Expect your dog’s moods to be lifted as well! SPARK is a veterinarian-formulated, daily nutritional supplement for dogs of all ages.
Why Choose Pet Wellbeing Dandelion Root for My Canine Friend?
- Certified Organic and Ethically Wild-Harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs. No endangered plants were used so that wild plant populations remain protected.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Dandelion Root is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA Registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
Who Makes Dandelion Root?
This product is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
Dandelion Root is Formulated With:
Organic Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale)
…500 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Natural bacon flavor