Pet WellBeing – Healthy Gums – for Feline and Canine Periodontal Health (59ml /118ml)
$69.00 – $113.00
Natural support for reducing plaque, promoting stronger gums and pleasant breath
Natural maintenance for oral hygiene contributes to:
- Good resistance to oral infections
- Less plaque build up
- More pleasant breath
- Soothing of the gums
- Prevention of problems that result from gum inflammation
2 oz (59 ml) is a 2-3 month supply for most dogs
4 oz (118 ml) Value Size is a 4-6 month supply for most dogs
What is Healthy Gums?
Designed by a holistic veterinarian, Healthy Gums is a potent infused herbal product with added nutrients for gum and oral health: Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C and Zinc. It does not contain alcohol or harsh ingredients that can cause further irritation of the gums.
The base of this product is medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil. Unlike regular coconut oil, MCT oil remains in a liquid state at room temperature. This oil is known for its ability to keep skin tissue healthy and provide nutrition to the layers of the skin. Furthermore, MCT oil from coconut, helps to maintain the natural immunity of the tissues, assisting the skin's barrier capability.
What is Healthy Gums Used For?
Periodontal health is something every dog owner needs to be aware of once a canine reaches age 2 to 3. Multiple factors determine oral health status and these will become more critical as your pet ages. In particular, consider the type of diet your pet eats (including treats) and anything else your pet chews.
Early and advanced stages of gingivitis are both reversible. The bacteria in the mouth (which builds up between the teeth and gums) will cause bad breath and this is a first clue. Additionally, the gums may appear red, inflamed and sore. Touching the gums may cause them to bleed and exude pus. If your canine is having these symptoms, it is of utmost importance to treat and reverse the problem.
If the condition advances, it can lead to periodontis, a disease in which the supportive structures around the teeth become inflamed, leading to more infection and eventually loss of the teeth. The infection can become systemic and travel to other areas of the body.
Healthy Gums is designed to:
- Soothe gums and oral membranes
- Reduce bacterial growth in the mouth
- Use Healthy Gums at any stage or sign of gum inflammation or any oral inflammation. As a preventative measure, use Healthy Gums intermittently to keep the oral environment balanced and resistant to bacterial growth.
Please consult with your veterinarian for a complete oral health program if your pet shows signs of canine gum inflammation or disease.
A note from our veterinarian...
The bottom line is: If your dog's mouth is painful, he or she will eventually have difficulty eating. This can lead to weight loss and behavioral issues. Dental issues can often go unnoticed because dogs don't show obvious signs of the discomfort they are in, until the problem is in advanced stages and the dog is eating less, becomes more withdrawn and loses weight because chewing is too painful. Gum inflammation is painful. Preventing the advancement of gum inflammation is key to overall health and a lot of unpleasantness later on. Take some time to learn about routine oral hygiene specific to your pet.
Many dogs like to "kiss" us and we need to keep their oral hygiene at the top of our list for this reason as well.
Watch for signs that your pet may be having oral health issues, including:
- Aversion to kibble or hard food
- Reluctance to eat
- Dragon breath
- Hard, brown build-up on the teeth
- Unusual irritability or aggression
- Have a look at your canine's teeth at home and note whether the gums look swollen or red, if there is obvious build-up on the teeth (tartar) and whether there are teeth missing or loose. A really bad odor in the mouth is unmistakable and is not normal. Talk to your veterinarian if you notice any of these signs so you can develop a plan to help your pet. Healthy Gums is an excellent addition to an oral hygiene strategy and may provide relief. If the condition is serious, your dog will certainly require additional support.
The Role of Nutrition:
Many references talk about kibble cleaning a dog's teeth. This is simply not true, any more than a diet of crackers helps to clean a person's teeth. Consider giving your canine a "natural toothbrush" of raw bones every week to help maintain oral health and naturally scrape the teeth as your dog gnaws on the bones. Many experts feel that a raw meat diet is the best, in terms of oral health.
Talk to your butcher about bones for your dog. You can keep them in the freezer and even give them to your dog frozen to avoid contamination. We recommend letting your dog chew these outside as they can be messy! Take them away after a couple hours and never give raw meat to your dog if it has been at room temperature long enough to spoil.
Why Choose Healthy Gums for Your Canine Friend?
- Certified Organic and Ethically Wild-harvested: Our formulas are prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, including testing of all raw materials to confirm identification and purity.
- Full-Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the highest potency extract.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Healthy Gums is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
Who Makes Healthy Gums?
Healthy Gums is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
2oz / 59ml, 4oz / 118ml
Life Gold is Formulated With:
Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus): This Asian herb is used extensively for immune support and has been shown to significantly improve quality of life in animal studies.
Blessed Thistle herb (Cnicus benedictus): A long-used traditional plant, this restorative herb has been used for its detoxifying and cleansing properties, as well as for its antioxidant components and cell regeneration.
Sheep Sorrel herb (Rumex acetosella): High in Vitamin C and minerals, this herb has been widely used for lymphatic health, for health of the digestive tract, and as a detoxifier.
Burdock root (Arctium lappa): Burdock has been used for providing help to the liver (bile secretions), to support a healthy appetite, and for the maintenance of healthy cells in the presence of chemicals.
Slippery Elm bark (Ulmus rubra): High in mucilage, this slightly sweet-tasting bark has been used for centuries in North America for soothing the digestive tract and absorbing toxins. It is highly nutritious with lots of antioxidants.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale): Ginger has a long, traditional use for nausea, as an appetite stimulant, and for its warming, fortifying effect.
…312 mg per ml (approx. 20 drops / ml)
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor vegetable glycerin