Pet WellBeing – Pet Melatonin for Cats & Dogs – Support for dog Cushing’s disease or anxiety (2 oz / 59ml)
Support for adrenal glands and normal cortisol production:
- Healthy coat and hair growth
- Normal appetite and urination
- Helps with anxiety and normal sleep patterns
- Order Pet Melatonin today for anxiety or to support your pet’s cortisol levels (+ Adrenal Harmony Gold)
2 oz (59 ml) is a 1- to 2-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs).
Out of Stock
What is Pet Melatonin?
Melatonin is a naturally-occurring hormone produced in the pineal gland of dogs (and other animals), and plays a large role in regulating sleep patterns. It also has a role in the regulation of cortisol production. In dogs, melatonin supplementation has been shown to target the adrenal cells and the amount of cortisol they make. This may support normal hair growth, normal appetite and urination in your pet. It has been shown that having a consistent level of melatonin in the body can help support balanced cortisol output by the adrenal glands. Melatonin inhibits some of the enzymes needed for the body to produce more cortisol.
Pet Melatonin is different from melatonin used for human consumption. It is a unique liquid form that makes it ideal to administer to pets of all sizes in the correct amounts, unlike capsules or tablets. It is synthetically derived and not made from the pineal glands of pigs. A synthetic melatonin ensures safety from viruses or other microbes that can be present in animal tissue.
Pet Melatonin is also not a quick-release or a slow acting form of melatonin. A simple form of melatonin is the ideal way to administer this supplement to a dog or cat, and not quick or slow release. Pet Melatonin is enhanced with natural bacon flavor so it is something your pet will enjoy.
What is Pet Melatonin Used For?
Pet Melatonin is a supplement made just for dogs and cats. Animal studies have shown promising results supplementing melatonin to animals for adrenal support. By supporting the adrenals to be balanced, with normal cortisol production, pet owners report normal hair growth, less stress, normal energy levels and normal appetite and urination in their pets.
For dogs and cats who experience anxiety for any reason (such as separation anxiety), melatonin is often the key to helping them maintain less stress in their day.
Pet Melatonin can also assist if normal sleep patterns need to be achieved.
To recap, Pet Melatonin can help with:
- Normal cortisol production by the adrenal glands
- Normal hair growth
- Regular appetite and urination
- Anxiety from separation and less stress
- Anxiety due to things like loud noises
- Sleep patterns
A note from our veterinarian...
A primary recommendation for pets who are taking Adrenal Harmony Gold, is to also administer Pet Melatonin. Some pets will initially experience an increase in relaxation (decreased activity) and more sleep. This usually stabilizes within about two weeks.
As mentioned, the daily administration of Pet Melatonin (and thus a constant level in the bloodstream) is what helps to target the cells of the adrenal gland and cause more normal cortisol production.
As a third recommendation, look for a reputable supplier of lignans. The perfect combination to supporting adrenals is:
#1 Adrenal Harmony Gold
#2 Pet Melatonin
Make sure your pet receives a diet high in nutrients. A supplement like SPARK Daily Nutritional Supplement contains nutrients and superfoods from whole food sources, along with probiotics and enzymes for overall good health, immunity and energy.
Why Choose Pet Melatonin for Your Canine & Feline Friend?
- Pure, Synthetic Melatonin: No animal tissue is used to create Pet Melatonin, assuring no contamination from animal sources.
- It's a Liquid: Easy to administer the correct amount using the calibrated dropper.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Pet Melatonin is tested to ensure the highest quality and purity. Every single batch.
- Certified GMP Facility: Nationally recognized quality control procedures are meticulously monitored. Consumers can be assured that the highest standards of manufacturing are strictly adhered to.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.
- Manufactured in the United States
How to Administer Pet Melatonin
Administer product by weight.
With Adrenal Harmony Gold: Administer approximately every 12 hours (morning and night).
For sleep: Administer at desired bedtime.
To help moods or anxious situations: Administer at appropriate time, once daily.
1 - 10 lb ......... 0.25 ml (1/4 dropper)
11 - 25 lb ....... 0.50 ml (1/2 dropper)
26 - 100 lb ..... 1.0 ml (1 full dropper)
100+ lb ........... 1.0-2.0 ml (1-2 full droppers)
Do not exceed daily administration amounts given.
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
Use With Caution:
- For animal use only. Not to be used during pregnancy or lactation.
- Do not administer to pets under one year of age.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact your health professional immediately.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
Who Makes Pet Melatonin for Cats & Dogs?
Pet Melatonin is made by Pet Wellbeing, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you are happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on-staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time-honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your pet that we can.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product and information is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, mitigate or prevent any disease or condition
Pet Melatonin is Formulated With:
Melatonin… 3 mg/ml (20 drops/ml)
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Pet Melatonin is synthetically derived. No animal gland tissue, just pure melatonin. There are also no agents used to increase or decrease absorption rate.