Pet WellBeing – Thyroid Support Gold for Cats & Dogs – Trusted Care for Hyperthyroid (2 oz / 59ml)
- Metabolic support for normal weight, appetite and thirst
- Addresses underlying healthy function of the thyroid gland
- Supports a regular, smooth coat
- Supports heart function
- Supports normal sleep patterns
Out of Stock
- Weight loss
- Poor coat quality
- Increased appetite
- Increased water intake
- Increased urine output
- Occasional vomiting or diarrhea
- Hyperactivity, irritability, increased yowling
- The conventional treatment is an oral medication given daily, prescribed by a veterinarian. Effects of may include loss of appetite, lethargy, vomiting, liver toxicity, and skin disease. Cats allergic to sulfonamides most likely will not tolerate this medication.
- Thyroid Support Gold should not be taken at the same time as conventional hyperthyroid medication.
- Some felines have their enlarged thyroid removed surgically, which requires anesthesia. Cats with high thyroid levels may first have to become stabilized on medication before surgery. If surgery is elected you may consider radio nucleotide imaging; it can add to the expense but it can also prevent missing abnormal thyroid tissue or it can help prevent removing healthy parathyroid tissue by mistake. Surgery is expensive and is not 100% successful. Anesthesia may be risky in unhealthy patients.
- Radioactive iodine treatment is the most costly treatment and involves 3-7 days of hospital isolation (although anesthesia is not required). Unfortunately it is not uncommon for the treatment to have to be repeated as the procedure is not 100% successful and an abnormal thyroid gland tumor can return.
- Do not use with hypothyroidism (low thyroid function).
- Thyroid Support Gold should not be taken with conventional hyperthyroid medications.
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- If your animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- Our team of experienced veterinarians, respected academics, and clinical herbalists have over 140 combined years of caring for animals and understanding their unique needs.
- All of our products are manufactured in FDA-registered, GMP-certified facilities and undergo third-party testing to ensure the highest quality and potency.
- Pet Wellbeing complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- Our hundreds of thousands of customer reviews attest to how effective our products are.
Ingredients Herbs are certified organic or selectively imported:
● Bugleweed herb (Lycopus virginicus): Bugleweed is extensively used in herbal medicine to
maintain thyroid function. Its action is considered “amphoteric”, meaning it has the ability to
support a balance of normal thyroid hormone levels, rather than cause more or less hormone
● Lemon Balm herb (Melissa officinalis): Lemon Balm has been shown to help maintain a
normal range of thyroid hormones and overall thyroid function. Additionally, it is an herb that
supports a more relaxed nervous system.
● Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa): In energetic terms of Traditional Chinese Veterinary
Medicine, this formula requires “Yin tonic” herbs to help with clinical symptoms, making it
more balanced for long-term administration.
● Bupleurum root (Bupleurum spp.): An overactive thyroid condition is characterized in TCVM
(Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine) as Yin Deficiency. Both Rehmannia and Bupleurum
roots provide tonic qualities for Yin Deficiency, making the formula more appropriate for
● Motherwort herb (Leonurus cardiaca): Motherwort is used for its dual action to support both
the heart and the nervous system. It contributes to a general feeling of calmness and can
also help to maintain restful sleep.
● Skullcap herb (Scutellaria lateriflora): Supportive to the nervous system and maintaining
regular, calm temperament and restful sleep, Skullcap is considered useful for the nervous
system and supporting healthy blood pressure as well.
● Heal All fruit spike (Prunella vulgaris): Also called Self Heal, this small herb is used in
Traditional Chinese Medicine for conditions of “Yin deficiency” and commonly used for
gently supporting the thyroid. Although grown widely in North America, Heal All’s specific use
in this formula comes from the way it is studied and used in the east where it is called Xie Ku
● Amalaki (Amla) fruit (Phyllanthus officinalis): The fruit of this Asian tree contributes high
levels of naturally-occurring Vitamin C, a vitamin necessary for healthy thyroid function.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin