Pet Wellbeing - Blood Sugar Gold - for Dog Blood Sugar Support
Pet Wellbeing - Blood Sugar Gold - for Dog Blood Sugar Support
- Enjoy 10% discount with 2 or more PWB products (excluding kits). Discount reflected on checkout page. Not applicable with discount codes.
- Create an account, earn FP Stars and save!
- Fast ship-out within 2 work days (excludes tendons)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
What is Blood Sugar Gold? Our unique formula has been developed by our holistic veterinarians to support stable blood sugar levels in dogs. Using effective herbs for blood sugar maintenance, it also contains herbs to support liver and eye health. Used consistently over time, Blood Sugar Gold may assist your dog's body to maintain healthier blood sugar levels.
- Supports normal serum insulin levels
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Supports healthy triglycerides
- Helps maintain eye and liver healthy
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs)
- 4 oz (118 ml) is a 1-month supply for most large dogs
What is Canine Diabetes Mellitus?
Diabetes results when a dog's pancreas fails to produce enough insulin. Sugars build up in the bloodstream rather than enter the body’s tissues where they would otherwise provide energy. (This is why diabetic dogs are often lethargic.) Excess sugar in a dog's bloodstream can lead to several other conditions, including heart, liver and kidney disease, increased infections, slow healing, cataracts, blindness, etc. Risk factors for dog diabetes include:
- Poor diet (high carbohydrate kibble)
- Steroid treatments
- Diestrus (several cycles in one breeding season)
- Genetic predisposition
Diabetes is more common in:
- Female dogs
- Pets fed a strictly dry kibble diet
- Overweight dogs
- Middle-aged and older canines
Common symptoms of dog diabetes mellitus include:
- Increased thirst, frequent urination
- Weakness, lethargy
- Signs of pain in the abdomen
- Cataracts (eyes cloudy rather than clear)
- Weight loss
- Muscle wasting
Diagnosing and Treating Dog Diabetes
If you think your dog might have diabetes, you should take him to a vet. A veterinarian can diagnose canine diabetes mellitus by examining sugar levels in the dog's blood and urine. A recommended lifestyle change usually includes a healthy species appropriate diet. If your dog is overweight, you should help him lose weight gradually through diet and increased exercise but keep in mind that strenuous exercise can increase insulin levels so ensure exercise is consistent and moderate. Conventional treatment may also include regular injections of insulin. Your dog's feeding regime will be determined when a glucose curve is done by a veterinarian. This will indicate the best time to give insulin and when to feed your dog.
Before you begin administering Blood Sugar Gold to your dog, please read and follow the cautions.
Can My Dog Take Blood Sugar Gold with Medications?
Blood Sugar Gold may heighten the effect of blood-sugar-lowering drugs. Monitor blood sugar levels closely if administering the product with blood-sugar-lowering drugs. A veterinarian can help to ensure optimal blood sugar levels are maintained. An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to taking this
Blood Sugar Gold may be used in tandem with other protocols for maintaining healthy canine blood sugar levels. It is imperative to monitor blood sugar levels closely when using natural products that have an effect on blood sugar. Natural products can be surprisingly effective. How quickly your canine responds will be unique, and it is extremely important that blood sugar levels stay within a healthy range.
High blood sugar, as a primary health problem, causes a number of secondary problems to occur, as previously discussed. These include weight gain, thirst and hunger, among others. Once the primary issue begins to stabilize, the secondary issues may also begin to improve.
Blood Sugar Gold is Formulated With:
- Devil's Club root bark (Oplopanax horridus): This indigenous North American herb has multiple uses. Maintenance of normal blood sugar levels is one of its most powerful applications. It has also been used traditionally by First Nations Peoples for the respiratory system, for joints, the digestive system and as a general health tonic.
- Gymnema leaf (Gymnema sylvestre): With the addition of this herb to our formula, there is specific support to the beta cells of the pancreas and also to maintain healthy blood sugar levels immediately following consumption of food.
- Fenugreek seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum): A seed used extensively in India for health and nutrition, recent studies concur that healthy liver and insulin levels may be linked with regular ingestion.
- Burdock root (Arctium lappa): Supportive to both liver health and glycemic levels, Burdock root serves a dual purpose in this formula. In addition, it is also antioxidant and antibacterial. Burdock is one of the chief "blood purifiers" in traditional medicine, owing to its liver, digestive and lymphatic support.
- Goat's Rue herb (Galega officinalis): Used and grown in Europe for hundreds of years, this herb may allow the body to better tolerate carbohydrates. It is also one of the main plants used for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Its secondary ability to support the liver makes it a valuable addition to this formula.
- Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale): Although both leaves and root of the Dandelion are used, we use only the root in this formula. The root is considered to be a pancreatic regulator, stimulating both the pancreatic duct as well as the bile duct. Dandelion supports portal circulation and aids digestion.
- Bilberry fruit (Vaccinium myrtillus): Rich in anthocyanins, these berries are considered a wonderful food source of antioxidants. The extract is known to affect the tiny blood vessels that supply the eyes. It also shows specific action in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
... 491 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Administer product orally twice daily.
Give one drop for every 2 lbs (1 kg) of body weight up to 50 lbs.
Over 50 lbs, add one drop per additional 4 lbs (2 kg).
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Blood Sugar Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your dog will like best.
Use With Caution
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Product may be hypoglycemic. May heighten the effect of blood-sugar-lowering drugs. Monitor blood sugar levels closely if administering this product with blood-sugar-lowering drugs. A veterinarian can help to ensure optimal blood sugar levels are maintained.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.