Pet Wellbeing - Lung Gold - for Cat & Dog Respiratory Stability
Pet Wellbeing - Lung Gold - for Cat & Dog Respiratory Stability
- Enjoy 10% discount with 2 or more PWB products (excluding kits). Discount reflected on checkout page. Not applicable with discount codes.
- Create an account, earn FP Stars and save!
- Fast ship-out within 2 work days (excludes tendons)
- In stock, ready to ship
- Ready to ship December 18, 2022
- Boosts immune response to lung infections
- Enhances good oxygenation and opens airways
- Supports easy breathing
- Helpful for productive coughs
- Provides comfort and relief
- 2 oz (59 ml) is a 1-month supply for most dogs (up to 50 lbs).
What is Lung Gold Used For?
The respiratory system can be divided into two areas: the upper and lower respiratory systems. Lung Gold is for the lower respiratory system, needed when there is inflammation in the lower, branching bronchi and bronchioles. Your pet may have a productive, phlegmy cough, shortness of breath, difficulty with exercise and/or wheezing.
Conditions in the lower respiratory tract can be caused by:
- Infections (viral, bacterial or fungal)
- Allergies (environmental, such as to cigarette smoke)
- Parasites (heartworms, lung worms)
Regardless of the cause, there is compromised ventilation and there is inadequate gas exchange in the alveoli of the lungs. Alveoli are hollow sacs at the base of the lungs where carbon dioxide is released for exhalation and oxygen is taken in and transported through the blood to oxygenate the rest of the body.
One of the most frequent uses of Lung Gold for pets is bronchitis. If the causes are either allergic or parasitic, Lung Gold can provide added immune support in the lungs and help maintain normal dilation of the airways.
If your dog has allergies that affect the lungs, you will also want to look at Nettle-Eyebright Gold to assist with normal allergic responses. If the cause is parasitic, it will be necessary to eliminate the parasites.
Always seek the consultation of your veterinarian as needed.
Why Choose Lung Gold for Your Canine & Feline Friend?
- Certified Organic and Ethically Wild-Harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown, wild-harvested herbs and selectively imported botanicals from trusted growers only.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Lung Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
Respiratory illness can be very serious. At all times, it is important to monitor the progress of your pet and to seek the guidance of your veterinarian as needed.
Indoor and outdoor environmental toxins (such as cigarette smoke, car exhaust) can make a lung problem worse. If your pet is suffering from a lung-related condition, keep the air quality as clean as possible and eliminate additional stressors to the lungs. Provide good indoor ventilation, and don't let your dog ride in the back of a pick-up truck where exhaust fumes are heavy.
Serious lung conditions can be painful, lead to lack of interest in food, high white blood cell counts and cause fever.
Lung Gold is Formulated With:
- Reishi fruiting body (Ganoderma lucidum): Used for many centuries in Asia, Reishi is among a group of "medicinal mushrooms" containing biologically active polysaccharides, known for their immune modulation properties. Reishi helps support the body's natural immunity to bacterial, viral and fungal infections, and overall vitality.
- Coptis root (Coptis chinensis): Coptis, similar to Goldenseal, also contains berberine, thought to be the most active constituent in both plants. Coptis root is used for antimicrobial purposes and works well to help dry secretions in the lungs.
- Pleurisy root (Asclepias tuberosa): As the name suggests, the root of this plant has been used for issues affecting the lungs. It is indicated for lung discomfort and can help with coughing up excess mucous.
- Fresh Marshmallow root (Althaea officinalis): The genus name of this plant, Althaea, was derived from Greek, meaning "to cure". The roots are very high in mucilage and help to soothe mucous membranes, mainly of the lungs, digestive tract and urinary tract. Marshmallow is commonly found in herbal formulas for lungs and for throat irritation.
- Chinese Skullcap root (Scutellaria baicalensis): Chinese and Western Skullcap both have the ability to support the nervous system and have a calming affect. Chinese Skullcap has the added ability to support and maintain immunity and specifically support the lungs.
- Jujube fruit (Ziziphus jujube): This lung tonic adds a nourishing component to Lung Gold. Jujube is believed to increase stamina and strength and helps maintain a healthy immune system. Jujube is sometimes added to formulas because of its pleasant taste.
- Fresh Grindelia flower (Grindelia spp.): Used primarily for lung support and as an herbal expectorant, Grindelia helps soothe respiratory irritation and cough.
- Usnea thallus (Usnea spp.): Usnea, also called "Old Man's Beard", supports immunity and works particularly well for immunity in the throat and lungs.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale): Ginger's therapeutic actions support expectoration and the body's innate ability to fight infections. It provides a gentle warming property to the overall formula.
... 412 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 10 mg per ml
Herbs are certified organic, ethically wild-harvested or selectively imported.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Administer product orally twice daily.
Give one drop for every 2 lbs (1 kg) of body weight up to 50 lbs.
Over 50 lbs, add one drop per additional 4 lbs (2 kg).
BEST way to give drops! Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
We know animals can be finicky! Lung Gold is enhanced with delicious natural bacon flavor. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your pet will like best.
Use With Caution
- Not to be used during pregnancy.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Absorption of drugs taken at the same time may be delayed.
- Use with caution in hypotension. Not to be used with hypotensive drugs or prior to anesthesia.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- For animal use only. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.